X ray equipment is necessary in a variety of applications, most commonly in the medical profession. Such equipment and supplies are usually found in radiology departments within hospitals, veterinarian offices, and doctor’s offices. This critical part of the diagnostic process produces black-and-white images of body parts. X ray equipment is frequently used to detect broken bones, cancer and other conditions not seen from the outside of the body.
This state-of-the-art equipment can tell how severe a fracture is, how much a particular cancer has spread, or how big a tumor is. It can also determine that nothing is wrong at all. Such equipment can take pictures from focused viewpoints, or panoramic views for a wide image. The film used to be developed in a darkroom, but today, the whole process is digital, with images being sent straight from the machine to a computer for diagnosis.
Experienced x ray technicians can administer the tests, but doctors must sign off on the final image and offer diagnosis and treatment options. Using radiation to examine body parts, fixed and portable x ray equipment, supplies, and accessories can be used in various branches of the medical profession. Some are used for dental images of the teeth to detect cavities and plaque, while others can include a wider family of machinery, such as MRI machines for full-body scans or smaller dental x ray machines.
X ray films can be taken in one spot, and sent to another off site location for examination. From real-time x ray inspection to scanning electron spectroscopy, there are many aspects of this technology. Those getting x rayed must wear protective gear, which usually entails donning a lead apron, particularly crucial for women of child bearing age. Hospitals typically get their portable and fixed radiology machines from imaging distributors and dealers.
X Rays are a type of medical procedure that allow medical professionals to look inside a patient’s body. This is a radiology procedure that is conducted in hospitals and clinics for diagnostic purposes. In order to safely perform an X Ray, technicians in the field need to understand how to use certain equipment and supplies.
In addition to knowing how to position patients and operate machines, technicians need to use supplies, such as aprons, liquids and gels, properly. For example, patients must wear a lead apron to protect areas of the body from radiation. X Rays are also used in the dental field to diagnose problems in the oral cavity.
- Computed Tomography or CT – CT images are obtained when a patient lies down on a table that moves through a rotating X Ray machine. This device is able to take panoramic images of internal organs.
- Ultrasound – An ultrasound is a medical imaging procedure that uses sound waves to view real time images inside a patient’s body. Echos are reflected from the tissue inside a patient’s body to a computer screen.
- Mammogram – A mammogram is an X Ray scan of the breast to determine the presence of cancer.
- Fluoroscopy – Flouroscopy is when an X Ray device is inserted into the patient’s body to view anatomic structures in real time.
- Nuclear Medicine – Nuclear medicine is a field of radiology that requires patients to ingest a radiopharmaceutical that is picked up by a camera.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging or MRI – MRI equipment obtains images by placing a patient inside a long tube and taking multiple sequential images with radio waves.
X Ray Equipment And Supplies, Radiology Equipment & Supplies, X Ray Gear & Supply, X Ray Accessories, X Ray Machine, X Ray Equipment Wholesale, X Ray Supplies Wholesale, X Ray Equipment And Supplies Wholesale, Medical X Ray Equipment And Supplies.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.