Many people require a variety of periodontic operations and procedures to help with their teeth and gums. Experts in gum disease and other issues of the mouth, dentists who work in this area are particularly knowledgeable about gingivitis, plaque, and overall gum health. Patients dealing with gum disease will benefit by seeing a periodontist who can treat those issues effectively. Although they are especially well-qualified in gum-specific issues, periodontists also have education in general dentistry.
Periodontists are dentists that specialize in the structures of the teeth and in the treatment of periodontal disease, or gum disease. Their work may also encompass regular cleanings, dental surgery, braces, x-rays, child dental care, bridge work, cosmetic work, crowns, dentures, family dentistry, teeth implants, gingivitis, gingival grafting, soft tissue grafts, holistic dental healing, oral health care, general teeth care, pediatric care, sedation, root canals, maxillofacial surgery, gum loss repair, recessions, bacteria removal, and porcelain veneers.
They may also be able to perform surgery called ridge augmentation, which helps to recapture the natural contour and health of your gums. You can find periodontists by looking in your local phone book, or by searching online directory listings. As an adult, if you suffer from chronic sore gums or tooth pain, you may require the services of a periodontic or endodontics specialist or provider.
Narrow your search down to those that offer what you need. Consider whether you want a group practice or an individual dentist. Go online for reviews on periodontics specialists in your area, get insurance information, get referrals from your existing dentist or physician, and look into an accessible dentist office near you. You want a dental surgeon who is gentle and offers quality care that your insurance covers.
He or she should be certified with the proper education background. Ask each dentist what mechanisms they use during surgery. If you’re interested in a career in dentistry, look online for education guidelines, courses, tips, cost and financial aid packages. Inquire at your regular dentist’s office about any recommendations or referrals for reputable dentists. When wondering how to choose a dentist physician, research a few different offices, dentists, orthodontists, and oral surgeons thoroughly.
Dentistry addresses the health of teeth, gums, and other parts of the mouth. Tooth aches, soreness, and bleeding or swollen gums can all be cause to visit a dentist. In addition to routine check-ups and cleanings, dentists perform more complicated procedures, such as aligning teeth with braces, removal of wisdom teeth, or fully extracting teeth. Familiarity with common terminology can assist you in making an appointment, understanding a diagnosis, and navigating a dental insurance policy.
- Scaling – Also called root planing. A cleaning process that removes plaque, tarter, and other build-up on the teeth and under gums.
- Root Canal – A procedure in which the the entire inner part of a tooth is emptied of pulp, cleaned, and filled with a sterile substance.
- Dental Bridge – A procedure in which a tooth is replaced. The replacement is anchored to the adjoining teeth.
- Periodontics – The branch of dentistry that addresses gums and the other oral tissues surrounding teeth. Some dentists may refer patients to a doctor who specializes in periodontics for treatment of related diseases. Dental insurance provides coverage for a patient’s visit to a periodontics specialist.
- Gingivits – Damage to gums due to bacterial build-up. Left untreated, gingivitis can progress into a more severe case and cause additional health complications.
- Periodontitis – Damage to the bone to which teeth are embedded. If not treated, it can cause to loosening and the eventual loss of teeth.
- Orthodontics – A specialty within the field of dentistry that addresses the structure and alignment of teeth. Dentists will often refer patients to an orthodontist for braces or for the removal of wisdom teeth.
Periodontics Dentists, Gum Disease Dentists, Gum Disease Specialists, Dental Implants, Cosmetic Dentists, Periodontal Treatments, Periodontal Care, Periodontal Dentists, Periodontal Specialists, Periodontal Surgery, Periodontal Diseases, Dental Surgery, Periodontist.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.