If you have an injury to your throat, then seek out an otolaryngology specialist. You will be able to bring your head and neck concerns to a clinical physician with experience in cancer treatment and reconstruction of the ear, nose and throat. If an eardrum becomes perforated, then an otolaryngology doctor can prevent further infection. These doctors treat allergies and sleep apnea too.
A doctor specializing in otolaryngology diagnoses and treats problems with the ear, nose and throat. This is commonly referred to by the acronym ENT. These specialists also deal with treating problems concerning the head and neck as well. Residents are trained in this pathology to become experts in diagnostic techniques.
Otolaryngology is also used in conjunction with other fields of medicine. For example, you may be referred to an associate in the field of orthopedics for a complete oral exam. Gastroenterology may also involve the mouth and could require further consultation. Rheumatology concerns joints and muscles, which is a branch of medicine that can also be related to other problems in the body.
People with sinus problems find that this is related to other disorders and affects the overall balance of their health not limited to just one area. There are many factors and outside elements that can affect the ear, nose and throat. An allergy is often the culprit for ENT discomfort. A surgeon may need to remove the tonsils that have become infected. This is more common among children so parents should consult with a pediatrician.
Some patients suffering from problems in otology may find that their speech has been affected due to hearing loss. People who snore may want to schedule a clinical visit for evaluation. It is also important to have the thyroids checked for early signs of cancer. A referral could potentially save an individuals life, especially if a disease can be detected early. An expert in orthopedic pathology may detect a problem not previously discovered.
If your nose, ear or throat require medical attention you will be scheduled to meet a specialist, known as an otolaryngologist. An otolaryngology doctor, or ENT, will be able to diagnose your symptoms and determine the best way to treat your problem. Otolaryngologists will sometimes refer you to other specialists such as pathology or orthopedic professionals depending on your particular case. Here are some terms to know about otolaryngology doctors.
- Tonsillitis – Tonsillitis in an infection of the tonsils. This condition can cause a sore throat and fever and if it is a recurring problem doctors may recommend a surgeon remove the tonsils.
- Sinusitis – Sinusitis is an infection in the nose that may be caused by bacteria, a virus, allergy or other. Sinusitis can be diagnosed and treated by an otolaryngology doctor.
- Speech Pathologist – In the case of head or neck cancer, speech pathology treatment will help a patient gain back their ability to swallow and speak easily.
- Orthopedic Doctor – An ENT will occasionally recommend a patient to an orthopedic doctor. Orthopedic doctors specialize in treating injuries to bones, joints, ligaments, tendon, muscles and nerves.
- Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea is when a person has shallow or irregular patterned breath while they sleep which can lead to restless sleep and cause a person to snore.
- Laryngitis – Laryngitis occurs when a person’s larynx, closely related to their vocal cords, become infected. This often results in a sore throat and voice loss.
- Gastroenterology – Gastroenterology is the science and practice of diagnosing and treating digestive, pancreatic and liver problems including the stomach, esophagus and more.
- Cochlear Implants – A cochlear implant is a device that helps a person who is very hard of hearing regain use of their ears.
Otolaryngology Doctors, Otolaryngology Physicians, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Doctor, Otolaryngology Specialist, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Throat Cancer Treatment, Otolaryngology Provider, Otolaryngology Clinic, Head And Neck Oncology, Ear & Nose Doctor, Ear Nose & Throat Disease.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.