Ophthalmology is the study of the anatomy, structure and diseases of the human eye. Ophthalmology clinics can be found in every city in the country, and are invaluable to anyone with vision problems or other optical concerns. People with poor vision depend on the ophthalmologists who work at these clinics to help correct their eyesight. They rely on these doctors to prescribe them glasses and contact lenses.
They rely on these physicians to diagnose and care for their eye issues, like astigmatism. Sometimes they even depend on them to perform laser, or lasik surgery, on one or both of their eyes. Laser surgery is sometimes risky, and can cause tearing or macular degeneration, but for many patients the potential payoff far outweighs the risk. If they a patient is confident in their doctor’s ability, then they have little cause for concern.
However, these ophthalmology centers can be relied on to provide patients with more than periodic optic exams and laser surgery. They can also be relied on to correct a variety of more serious vision problems and degenerate diseases. Glaucoma and cataracts are both prevalent in many people. These diseases, unless they are quickly and thoroughly treated with medicine, can cause blindness.
The surgeons and optometry specialists who work at these clinics spend a great deal of their time working with people who suffer from glaucoma or cataracts. These diseases are serious, but a good ophthalmologist can help restore patients, with these serious afflictions, to health again. Pediatric ophthalmologists can also help children afflicted with these diseases. Ophthalmology is a complex and fascinating branch of medicine, and ophthalmologists are truly skilled health care professionals
Ophthalmology is a vital medical science that deals with the structure and diseases of the eye. Ophthalmologists are important medical doctors that play a significant role in eye health. If you are looking to pursue this as a profession or simply need to use the services of one of these professionals, here is a list of important key terms that you should be familiar with.
- Amblyopia – This is when the patient experiences difficulty seeing for no apparent reason. This cannot be fixed by using glasses or surgery. This is also frequently called a lazy eye, which refers to the fact that one becomes dependent on their stronger eye to focus on what they are looking at. This usually occurs during childhood and can be rectified under an ophthalmologists close care.
- Cataracts – This is the gradual clouding of the lens that results in the reduced ability to see and can sometimes lead to blindness. A doctor can surgically remove the cataract and replace it with an implant. This will not only fix it, but it may restore optical power.
- Glaucoma – This is a relatively painless ailment that feels like there is an increased pressure coming from within. Glaucoma can degenerate into a complete loss of sight if left untreated.
- LASIK – This new development in surgical procedures works to correct refractive errors, like astigmatism. It uses a special laser, called an Excimer, to remove tissue under a flap in the cornea. Only trained optic surgeons should perform this vision treatment.
- Macula – This is a yellow spot located in a cluster of photo receptors on the retina. This area is most responsible for central vision and also has the greatest concentration of cones. This area is susceptible to macular edemas, which is a build up of fluid, and degeneration.
Ophthalmologist, Eye Doctor, Surgeon, Optical Surgeon, Ophthalmology, Doctor Of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, Ophthalmologist Salary, Optician, Optometrist, Ophthalmologist Pediatric, Neuro Ophthalmologist, Find Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmologist Jobs, Veterinary Ophthalmologist, Eye Ophthalmologist.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.