Gynecological doctors specialize in treating women’s obstetric and gynecological issues. The reproductive organs of a woman require special attention and the care of a physician who is knowledgeable regarding how to maintain a healthy reproductive system. Gynecologists are able to perform breast examinations, test for endometriosis, and perform endometrial, or cervical, examinations.
Many gynecologists are also educated regarding obstetrics, or childbirth, and are able to advise regarding pregnancy. Doctors who specialize in gynecology and obstetrics will use the title ob-gyn to define their specific area of practice. The specialties of gynecologists and obstetricians vary by practice though could include birth control, abortion, family planning, infertility options, and menopause treatment.
Gynecologists are physicians who focus on issues related to the female reproductive system. Many of them also work in areas of obstetrics, which involves providing care for women during and after pregnancy. Since many of the physicians work in areas of gynecology and obstetrics, they are often referred to as OB GYNs. Gynecologists are trained to provide a variety of health care services for women. They are often involved in family planning, so they can provide accurate information about infertility, birth control, and abortions.
OB GYNs also receive training that allows them to use ultrasound technology to view internal organs. In many cases, these doctors also provide breast exams. Clinics that employ several doctors might have some gynecologists who focus on specific areas of health care. Some, for instance, might concentrate on medicines that can help women tolerate the symptoms of menopause. Others have been trained to perform gynecological surgeries. This allows them to provide hysterectomy and endometriosis treatments at the clinic.
Pediatricians might also provide pediatric exams. These services focus on issues that relate to babies and young girls. You can learn more about the OB GYN clinics and individual physicians that serve your area by searching the Internet for their websites. Many doctors now use websites to keep their patients better informed. You can also search the internet for reviews written by people who live in your area. This could help you choose a doctor or clinic that has received good reviews from other women with similar health concerns as you.
Obstetrics and gynaecology (often abbreviated Ob Gyn) are two closely related medical specialties concerning female reproductive health. Considered distinct from doctors specializing in internal medicine, Ob Gyn physicians are trained in a wide range of issues relating to women’s reproduction, including abortion, birth control, and menopause. Whether or not you plan to start a family, it is important for all women to be familiar with gynecological terms and concepts. Below are several key terms you should know about.
- Obstetrician – A doctor who deals with the care of a woman’s reproductive health during and immediately after pregnancy. Obstetricians are well versed in the complications that may arise during this phase.
- Gynecologist – A doctor who deals with the care of a woman’s reproductive system. Gynecologists are trained to treat afflictions such as cancer of the reproductive organs and abnormal menstrual conditions. In general, gynecologists also work as obstetricians.
- Pediatrician – A doctor who deals with the medical care of infants and children.
- Endometriosis – A medical condition in which cells in the uterine lining begin to grow in other parts of the body. It can result in chronic pain and infertility.
- Hysterectomy – The removal of the uterus through surgery. This is generally performed due to variety of chronic medical conditions, such as uterine cancer.
- Ultrasound – Also called obstetric ultrasonography, this is a clinical technique to obtain an image of the fetus during a woman’s pregnancy. It is used to identify developmental abnormalities in the fetus and can also detect the fetus’ sex.
- Breast Exam – Closely examining a woman’s breasts for evidence of medical problems, such as cancer. This can be achieved with a self-exam or by a physician in a clinic.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Doctors, Gynecology, Women’s Health, Gynecologist, Reproductive Health, Gynecology Physicians, Gynecology Doctors, Doctor, Doctors, Women’s Doctor, Women’s Check Up, Health Services, Gynecology Check Up, Gynecology Clinic, Gynecology Specialist, Find A Gynecologist, Gynecology, Gynecology Exam, Gynecologist Doctor, Internal Medicine, Obgyn Doctors, Obgyn, Obstertrics, Gynec.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.