Brain surgery is reserved for patients that cannot be treated with medication. Patients that suffer from epilepsy usually find relief from symptoms through medicine. However, neurological surgery is suggested when medicine is no longer effective for treating the patient. In the past, physicians have suggested operations to change the thinking patterns of psychiatry patients.
Now the medical community is more reluctant to alter a patient’s behavior through those means. When a patient has a cancer tumor in the brain, surgeons may suggest an operation. When a patient has tension and pain in the form of a migraine, oftentimes doctors will check the patient for injury, infection or cancer. Neuroscience research has made medical advancement in surgical tools and techniques for treating the brain.
Neurological surgery, or neurosurgery, involves surgical procedures of the brain and nervous system. A surgeon or physician trained in neurological brain and nervous system surgery can perform an operation to remove a tumor, repair injury, relieve pressure as a result of trauma, remove cancer, repair sclerosis, cure infection, address transient neurological deterioration, and provide relief from migraine, basic tension, stress, epilepsy, and complex regional pain syndrome.
Neurological surgeons are trained in neuroscience, psychiatry, cancer research and trial, the nervous system, and the basic workings of the brain and head, such as right, left, stem and temporal lobe. Neurological surgeons typically belong to an academy devoted to the latest developments in brain, nervous system and cancer research.
Neurological surgeons can work out of a private practice, or they can operate as part of a medical clinic or hospital. You can find a neurological surgeon, physician or doctor by checking your local phone book or searching local online directory listings. Whether you need surgery to remove a tumor or to relieve pressure after a trauma, neurosurgeons are on hand to help. If you can, weigh the benefits and risks carefully before hand, so take considerable time to do your research on the type of neurological surgery you need.
Check out medical books from the library or look online. Ask your primary care doctor who he or she recommends in the neurosurgery field and go from there. It’s important that the surgeon, doctor or physician you choose is properly licensed and certified, with many years of proven experience in the field. Contact a few different neurological surgeons to get contact information, basic services, education background and availability. Target your search to neurological surgeons who operate out of medical clinics and hospitals you trust, and who specialize in what you need.
Neurological surgery is a branch of medicine concerning the anatomy, functions, and organic disorders of the nervous system or nerves. Therefore, specialists in this field often deal with brain tumors, spine and neck disorders, and even herniated discs. Years of specialty medical training are required by physicians and surgeons in this department of medicine. In order to expand your knowledge and understanding of neurological surgery, refer to the terms and definitions listed below.
- Endovascular – Relating to or concerning a surgical procedure that requires the use of a catheter containing medications. Small instruments may be inserted directly into a blood vessel in order to treat a vascular disease.
- Herniated Disc – This often concerns the spine, neck or lumbar region of the body. It is basically a rupture of the fibrocartilage of the disc found between a spinal vertebrae. This condition is often quite painful.
- Gamma Knife – This is a tool or device that is used to handle or treat brain tumors. It actually provides a high dose of radiation therapy to assist with destroying or reducing a malignancy or cancerous growth.
- Peripheral Nerve – A nerve that is enclosed in a bunch of peripheral axons. These axons are cable-like. This type of nerve is found outside of the central nervous system, and is generally in the skin or surface area of the body.
- Stereotactic Surgery – This is a type of surgical intervention that incorporates a three-dimensional coordinate system. It is used to pinpoint small targets or locations inside the body, and proceed with a biopsy, injection, radiosurgery procedure, or ablation. This type of surgery is considered minimally invasive.
Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Neurological Operation, Neurology Doctor, Neurological Physician, Neurological Operation, Brain Stem Surgery, Spinal Cord Surgery, Invasive Surgery, Endovascular Problem, Endovascular Disorder
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.