Gastroenterologists provide attention to the stomach problems of their patients. Doctors of gastroenterology provide solutions to patients who experience issues, or interruptions, with their digestive systems, abdominal pain, constipation, and intestinal health. Gastroenterology doctors specialize in all problems which affect the stomach and overall digestive tract. Seeking treatment for abdominal and digestive issues, as soon as they begin, is important to discovering effective cures. Digestive problems could be as simple as bloating, which results from excessive gas production, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome which can lead to more serious complications if left untreated.
Gastroenterology is a field of medicine that studies the gastrointestinal tract. Doctors in this specialty understand the function of digestion and diagnose diseases and conditions that affect this system. The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travels to the stomach and liver, before ending with the colon and anus. Gastrology is similar only the focus is on diseases of the stomach. With gastrology, only the stomach is taken into consideration, so this doctor will diagnose things like ulcers.
A gastroenterologist handles many common health complaints like acid reflux, heartburn, and stomach pain. The doctor investigates symptoms like bloody diarrhea or vomiting, and begins to rule out specific conditions or diseases affecting the organs and intestines. You may need to visit a special clinic for scans and x-rays to look for tumors or blockages. With some situations, medicines that control stomach acid are all that’s needed. Other times, a surgeon is called in. Cardiology physicians help rule out heart disease in cases of severe heartburn. Sometimes more than one specialist helps pinpoint a disease.
Cardiology, dermatology and pathology physicians often team up with the gastroenterology team. This is helpful when disorders like Celiac’s Disease present themselves. Cardiologists and dermatology or pathology doctors may think of abdominal disorders that other specialists miss. Pediatric specialists work with infants and children to diagnose pediatric gastrointestinal conditions. Many diseases and conditions involving the gastrointestinal system are treatable or preventable. Seek medical care as soon as possible to start treatment. Your discomfort doesn’t have to be a constant part of your life.
If you have issues with your digestive system, then you may need to see a Gastroenterologist. This kind of doctor specializes in gastroenterology and has expertise on disorders in your digestive system. There are also physicians that specialize in pediatric gastroenterology. Visit a local medical clinic to find a gastroenterologist. This is the same concept, only the physician is trained to work with kids that have problems with their digestive system. The following are key terms you should know when looking for a pediatric gastroenterologist or a medical clinic.
- Dermatology – Study of medicine that deals with the skin. Any diseases of the skin fall into the study of dermatology.
- Cardiology – Study of medicine that deals with disorders of the heart. Any heart surgery or disorder falls under the study of cardiology.
- Pathology – This is the study of disease. Pathology is the study of any kind of disease no matter what organ.
- Gastrology – Study of medicine that deals with organs from the mouth to the anus. Diseases and disorders of the stomach fall into the study of gastrology. Dermatology and cardiology also relate because they include organs located in this section of the body.
- Abdomen – This is the belly. It contains the large and small intestine, gall bladder, liver, pancreas and spleen.
- Intestine – A long tube organ that is located in the abdomen of the human body. There is a small and large intestine. They are also commonly referred to as bowels. This is the part of the body that is responsible for digesting.
- Colonoscopy – A procedure that involves sending a viewing tube into the rectum. The colon and rectum is examined to see if there are any abnormalities.
Gastroenterology Doctors, Digestive Diseases, Digestive Issues, Esophagus Disease, Stomach Disease, Gastrointestinal Tract, Intestine Disease, Hepatobiliary Medicine, Gastrointestinal Medicine, Digestive System, Digestive System Medicine, Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology Physician, Gastroenterology Surgeon, Clinical Gastroentrology
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.