Endocrinology doctors treat patients with hormone disorders such as thyroid problems. Patients with glucose problems struggle with diabetes. Diabetes doctors can offer insulin to control blood sugar levels. When the body no longer has proper metabolism it cannot control blood sugar. Doctors can treat pediatric diabetes too. A patient that has a history of diabetes in the the family should make an appointment with a professional doctor or specialist for a diabetes exam. Untreated diabetes can cause foot and eye complications. Once the doctor makes an official diagnosis, patients can begin receiving treatments.
Endocrinology is a sector of the study of biology. With the rising obesity levels in our society over the last decades, the treatment and prevention of diabetes are a major part of health care. Endocrinologists are physicians who study and treat the endocrine system. They may work as part of a private practice or on a team at a medical center. These doctors are working to treat diabetes as well as many other disorders such as those of the thyroid. Issues related to metabolism are also relevant.
Diabetic mellitus are varied and are not always initially noticeable by the patient. Often, a person will come to a clinic or general doctor complaining of certain issues. A blood glucose test can determine if the individual is a diabetic. If Blood Sugar levels are too high to treat with diet alone a person may have to take insulin on a regular basis. Type 2 diabetes is the most serious condition and presents many challenges for the sufferer. They may experience complications from the disease with a foot or eye as they age. A surgeon may be consulted for an exam if toes or feet have severe damage.
Those with hyperglycemia have problems with levels dropping too low. They suffer from their own set of symptoms and must carefully monitor their food intake. If a child is receives a diagnosis from a doctor they may be referred to a pediatric endocrinologist. Medicine is sometimes available in pill form. Other times, it has to be administered by injection. Endocrinology continues to advance through the efforts of researchers and physicians. Better practices are sought to help individuals who suffer from problems related to metabolism, blood sugar, and other issues of the endocrine system.
If you are having health problems related to your glands or metabolism, your primary care doctor may want to send you to see an endocrinologist for proper diagnosis. An endocrinologist specializes in disorders of the metabolism and glands and can give give proper treatment for diabetes and other disorders. If you are unfamiliar with the practice of endocrinology, you may want to read up on some of these key terms before your appointment.
- Endocrinology – A branch of medicine dealing with hormonal diseases and gland disorders. Physicians who specialize in this field may have a private practice or work in a hospital.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Adult onset diabetes caused by having extremely high levels of glucose in the blood. People with type 2 diabetes are not insulin dependent.
- Thyroid – A gland in the neck which helps to control a person’s metabolism.
- Mellitus – A term used to refer to metabolic illnesses such as diabetes type 1 and type 2.
- Pediatric Physician – A doctor who primarily treats disorders in babies and children.
- Hyperglycemia – The medical term for when a person has a high blood sugar.
- Surgeon – A doctor who works in a hospital or clinic and specializes in performing a certain type of surgery or procedure. Sometimes older individuals with diabetes may need foot surgery.
- Complication – A side effect that impacts a person’s health as the result of a surgery.
- Eye – An organ humans use to see out of. Some diabetic patients have problems with their eyesight.
- Symptom – An indication or sign that something else may be wrong. When a person experiences odd health symptoms, a doctor will perform an exam.
Endocrinology & Diabetes Doctors, Endocrinology Doctors, Diabetes Doctors, Endocrinology, Diabetes, Doctors, Endocrinology & Diabetes Specialists, Endocrinology & Diabetes Medicine, Endocrinology Physicians, Endocrinology Surgeons, Diabetes Physicians, Endocrinology & Diabetes Clinic, Endocrinologist
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.