Psychological clinics are facilities that provide outpatient care in regards to the mental health and well being of adults and children. They may be affiliated with local hospitals, or they can be privately owned. Psychiatrists and psychologists are on hand to assist patients to overcome their disorders through group and individual counseling. They can assess a patient’s mental health and recommend solutions, providing emergency care if needed, along with psychiatry referrals as well. Clinicians typically follow their center’s handbook. Such a handbook outlines the policies in place at a particular clinic for diagnosing and treating patients. Know these top terms for psychological clinics when researching the best one for you.
- Pyschotherapy – A branch of psychiatry that heals patients on a psychological level rather than strictly a medical level. A psychotherapist is someone who treats people with mental disorders relating to self, family, and work.
- Neuropsychological testing – An evaluation tactic to assess patients who have undergone brain injuries or damage, along with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Psychoeducational testing – A way for psychologists to determine a child’s learning style to find out if the child has a learning disability, leading to a more focused plan or intervention.
- Phobia – An irrational fear of something, such as flying, snakes, heights, or enclosed spaces.
- Humanistic orientation – One of the four primary theoretical orientations, along with cognitive/behavioral, psychodynamic, and family therapy.
- Phrenology – The early 19th century practice of studying personality by the shape of the skull.
- Trauma response services – One service offered by psychological clinics which encompasses emergency psychological intervention, along with introducing coping and recovering skills.
Clinics Psychological, Mental Health, Child Psychiatry, Psychological Handbook, Psychological Disorder, Journal Of Psychiatry, Psychological Consultation, Psychological Interview, PHD Psychologist, Psychology Review, Psychological Counseling, Group Therapy, Marriage Counseling, Family Therapy, Behavior Therapy, Forensic Psychology, Cognitive Assessment.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.