When you are studying the heart, you are looking into cardiology which is the study of sustaining and keeping up the health of the heart. This study focuses on the heart muscle and how to observe the stability of it and better understand how it functions.
Cardiology is essentially a branch of medicine that deals with diseases and health dilemmas involving the heart. This medical area involves cardiac doctors, specialty surgeons, and intensive care units. In fact, there are hospitals, physicians, and medical clinics all over the world that deal with cardiovascular disease, heart medicines, pediatric treatments, and the proper diagnosis of heart related symptoms. As you can imagine, there is a great deal of time, effort, and research that goes into this medical field.
As with most branches of medicine, the cardiac department deals with countless patients on a regular basis. This has been common in America for more than a century now. However, the knowledge of blood vessels, coronary artery valve disorders, and heart attack symptoms have drastically changed in the last few decades. It is easier these days to predict heart failure and cardiovascular disease.
While there are plenty of doctors and surgeons who work specifically with cardiac patients, there are also health care providers such as registered nurses who specialize in this field. The United States alone has numerous hospitals that provide the best cardiology assessments and treatments to patients of all ages. You may want to try surfing the web for more details and specifics on cardiology. Since this is such a broad medical topic, there is ample data available regarding health care, top rated surgeons, heart disease symptoms, and pediatric treatments. You may even want to get in touch with a local hospital or cardiology clinic to obtain specific information on cardiology.
Cardiology doctors, though highly trained and respected for their knowledge, can use terminology that patients are unfamiliar with. Below are several terms to know in order to have better understanding of what your cardiology doctor is talking about.
- Cardiovascular – Pertaining to the heart and blood vessels. Cardio refers specifically to the heart and vascular refers to the blood vessels.
- Atria – Either of the two chambers at the top of the heart which receive blood from the veins and then in turn, force it into the ventricles.
- Coronary – The system of arteries which originate at the aorta and supply blood to the heart muscle.
- Fibrillation – Fibrillation is a condition in which irregular twitching of the muscular wall of the heart interferes with normal rhythmic contractions. If a person is in ventricular fibrillation, their heart has stopped beating, often referred to as a cardiac arrest or more commonly, a heart attack.
- Angioplasty – The repair of the blood vessel by inserting a balloon-tipped catheter. The balloon is inflated thereby breaking up plaque which has formed along the artery wall and prohibiting or preventing blood flow to the cardiovascular system.
- Echocardiography – Examination of the heart using ultrasound techniques. This term is often shortened and referred to as an EKG or ECG. An EKG is usually taken if a person is reportedly having a heart attack though it can also be utilized as a preventative measure.
- Heart Disease – A common term which refers to any negative condition of the heart which impairs proper functioning. Untreated heart disease can lead to cardiac arrest and heart failure.
- Congestive Heart Failure – This disease is as a result of the inability of the heart to supply sufficient blood flow in order to meet the needs of the body.
Heart Attack, Heart Problem, Heart Condition, Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Surgeon, Atria Fibrillation, Heart Surgery, Bypass Surgery, Cardiovascular Disease, Heart Transplant, Coronary Artery Disease, Cardiac Surgeon, Pediatric Cardiologist, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Doctor, Heart Specialist, Cardiology Consultant, Cardiology Fellowship, Cardiology Clinic, Cardi.
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.