EMS, emergency medical service, and ambulance companies are not usually contacted for service until an emergency arises. Most people do not make a conscientious, planned decision regarding ambulance services in advance. Choosing specific providers according to your health insurance provider is important. If you rely on any ambulance service to fulfill your needs when an emergency arises, the charge could be extremely high if the service is not covered by your insurance provider. Posting your choices next to your home telephone and including them in your cell phone contacts could prove useful should an emergency occur.
Ambulance services are a type of emergency medical services that provide medical care while transporting patients, who have sustained severe trauma or have a life threatening illness that needs immediate care. Ambulance services sometimes are also referred to as first aid response, rescue squads, or life squads. If you are in a dire medical emergency, call 911 immediately in order to rush EMTs to the scene and save you or a loved ones life. Ambulances have trained paramedics on staff that can take care of a patient while they get safely transported to a critical medical hospital. Paramedics and EMT nurses have trained in special medical facilities and have earned degrees to allow them to work in the high stress and fast environment. They know how to move a patient safely, administer CPR, bandage wounds, and support life until the ambulance can reach the care of a hospital. If you are interested in learning more about ambulance services, access your favorite search engine. Begin by typing in related keywords like ambulance training, local ambulances, ambulance insurance, and ambulance emergency services. Look into the various ambulance companies, whether national entities or private businesses near you. Find out about the various types of transportation methods each ambulance company uses. While most use special medical trucks, in certain situations a aircraft or boat may need to be used. Look into average times to reach your local ICU in case there is an emergency in your home. It also may be prudent to write down a few ambulance phone numbers can keep it with you in your wallet or purse in case of an emergency.
Ambulance services aid in the transportation of sick or injured individuals from the site of an emergency to a facility where they can receive proper medical attention and care. In between locations, medical personnel, such as paramedics, keep patients comfortable, or administer emergency care. Read on to find helpful terminology that might assist you in understanding the field better.
- Ambulance – This refers to the actual vehicle that is used to transport patients that need medical care. This type of care can range from trauma patients that need immediate life support and have to be moved by a helicopter, to someone suffering from broken bones that need to go to the hospital to be checked out.
- Paramedic – An emergency medical personnel that administers immediate care to patients. They can administer critical treatments, such as trying to clear a blocked airway, or simply make a patient comfortable during transport.
- Hospice – A socially funded form of health care that caters to terminally ill patients. Hospice focuses on providing medical relief to allow patients to have a quality end-of-life, often from the patient’s home. In addition to providing nurses, air tanks, and other necessary medicine, they also allow for transportation through ambulance from the hospital to the patient’s home.
- Defibrillator – This is a machine that sends electrical rhythms to the heart when the heart stops beating, such as in the case of heart attacks. This is often used in conjunction with CPR, and is one of the standard medical devices that paramedics will carry.
- EMT – This person performs similar duties to a paramedic, and is officially know as an Emergency Medical Technician. They require training and field hours to obtain this position, and can be privately employed through charter organizations, or work for public rescue ones.
Ambulance Services, Ambulance System, Emergency Ambulance Service, Ambulance, Emergency Ambulance, Paramedic Ambulance, Private Ambulance, Ambulance Company, Ambulance Companies, Care Ambulance, Care Ambulance Service, Medical Emergency, Emergency Services, Medical 911, Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Medical Transportation, Ambulance Care, Non Emergency Ambulance Service, Emergency Care
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.