Allergy and clinical immunology experts treat symptoms of health issues, such as asthma symptoms and allergic reactions to food items. They can often perform tests to determine whether an adult or child has an allergy to pollen, nuts, milk and pet skin. Research in this subject often focuses on ways that doctors can improve symptoms or even cure allergies through therapy. When a person has an intolerance that causes hay fever or asthma, it often happens because that person’s immune system recognizes pollen, pet dander or other materials as potentially harmful.
The immune system, therefore, begins to actively rid the body of this material. Doing so often causes coughing, runny noses and watery eyes. Immunology clinics also study the reasons that certain people have deadly allergic reactions to food items, such as nuts and soy. These symptoms can include swelling, fever and even comas in serious cases. A clinic that offers pediatric allergy and immunology services can test children to find out whether they have serious allergies to any foods. This allows the parents to keep harmful foods away from the child.
Without this information, it would be difficult for parents to know what foods their children cannot tolerate until they experiences a reaction. In some cases, children and adults might need to receive regular shots to treat their allergies. Physicians at the clinic often find that they can deliver a system of shots over the course of several months to boost the patient’s tolerance to certain foods items, pollens and types of pet dander.
Allergy and clinical immunology is an important aspect of the medical field. After all, millions of people have allergies to substances like pollen, as well as foods like nuts, milk, and shellfish. Fortunately there are certain tests that can be conducted by medical physicians and pediatricians in order to pinpoint specific allergies. Regardless of the allergy or asthma condition, there is typically a medication or therapy available to treat the symptoms. However, it is often important to treat or deal with an allergic reaction immediately if it is severe. Below are a few terms and definitions regarding allergies and clinical immunology.
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs – These are medications that minimize the symptoms of inflammation, which is often caused by food allergies, asthma, or an intolerance to something. While some drugs like this are taken orally, others are injected.
- Eczema – This is an inflammation and irritation of the skin. Eczema often appears as redness, scaling, crusting of the skin or even blisters. It can be caused by direct contact with certain substances, skin products, or allergens.
- Lymphocyte – A group of white blood cells, which function as an adaptive part of the body’s immune system. The lymphocyte is crucial because it enables the immune system to react to invaders with a customized defense in order to protect the body.
- Extrinsic Asthma – This is a type of asthma that is often triggered by the body’s allergic reaction to something. Typically it is a reaction to something inhaled, but symptoms may vary.
- Hives – These are small, red bumps that appear somewhere on the body. Also referred to as contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction, this skin condition can often be identified by medical doctors through a simple test. Cortisone cream may be prescribed to remedy hives.
Allergy & Clinical Immunology, Clinical Allergy Study, Allergic Reaction, Allergic, Clinical Immunology, Allergy & Immunology, Allergists & Clinical Immunologists, Asthma Allergy, Allergy Symptoms, Food Allergies, Allergy Test“
Dubai medical directory is a one-stop destination for medical treatment seekers, as well as treatment providers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Find all types of doctors, hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers in Dubai. Best doctors in Dubai, best Hospitals in Dubai and comprehensive list of clinics jobs and careers in Dubai UAE. Search for doctors in Dubai by name, speciality, arae or mobile phone numbers. View contact details or schedule an appointment with any of the hospitals or doctors in Dubai. Find list of doctors in Dubai with contact details, list of hospitals in Dubai with contact details & list of medical clinics in Dubai with clinic names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location map, driving directions, deals, offers, prices, costs, coupons, vouchers, reviews and ratings.